Last updated: May 15, 2019.
What Information About You is Gathered?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your online experience with us. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information Automatically Gathered:We receive and store certain information whenever you visit our website or otherwise interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use "cookies”, and we obtain information about your usage of our website when your Web browser accesses it.
- Website usage informationis gathered as you use our website, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information, such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; and purchase history.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from our website if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know by sending an email to us.
- Advertising and Web Beacons:To support and enhance the Grant Line Services, we may serve advertisements, and allow third parties advertisements, through the Grant Line Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. Advertisements served through the Grant Line Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category and may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including personal information (e.g., gender or age), may be based on the Grant Line Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on third party services. We do not provide personal information to any ad networks for use outside of the Grant Line Services. To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Grant Line Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
How Your Information is Used?
The billing information that you provide to the Payment Processor is used only to process your order, charge your debit/credit card for payment, ship your order, confirm and track your order, and correspond to your inquiries about the order. We use other information that you provide to us in connection with a purchase for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, serving you with advertisements, advising you of other product related information and otherwise communicating directly with you. We use automatically gathered information to enable our systems to recognize your device to provide directed features from our website, such as personalized advertisements and to otherwise improve the user experience and satisfaction with our website. We may anonymize your information by removing the personally identifiable portions, so that we can then use the anonymized information to analyze trends and statistics of our website usage or address support and maintenance concerns of our website.
How Secure Is Your Information?
We use sophisticated encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal information that you share with us. We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. While we need to transmit your entire card number to the appropriate card company during order processing, we reveal only the last four digits of your card number when confirming an order. Unfortunately, however, much like offline transactions, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we take every precaution to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our websites, and you do so at your own risk. Rest assured, once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems. We urge you to keep the password you use with Grant Line in a safe place, to protect against unauthorized access to your password and not to divulge it to anyone. Remember to close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our website to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or hotel. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Is Your Information Shared?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance in connection with our products and services, providing search results, processing credit/debit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Marketing Partners: From time to time, we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our Marketing Partners. In the course of such business relationships, we might share and cross-reference information, including personally identifiable information about you, that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online, over the phone or through the mail. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from our Marketing Partners and others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and special offers that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Which Information Can I Access?
Grant Line gives you access to all the information you enter on our website or intentionally give us in any other way, via your account page. Upon request by calling us, by sending us an email, or by contacting us by mail at the address below, we will provide you with access to all other personal information that we have on record that has been automatically gathered from you.
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always choose not to provide information but note this may prevent you from being able to make a purchase or to take advantage of our website features if that information is needed for that purpose.
You can add or update certain information on your account page. Note, when you update your account information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records. Also note, if you delete certain information you may not be able to continue to purchase products or services or access other portions of our website without entering additional information.
Upon request by calling us, by sending us an email, or by contacting us by mail at the address below, you can complete, update or remove any personal information that we have on record.
When requested, we will remove you from our email list or mailing list and/or purge your information from our systems. Please let us know by calling us, by sending us an email, or by contacting us by mail at the address below. Please be sure to include your email address, full name, mailing address and specifically what action you are requesting, such as removal from email list or a complete purge of your information from our system. If you would like to update or correct your email address, street address or other personal information with us, please contact us in the same manner and provide along with the current information on our records and the information that you would like us to use to update our records. Please note that these requests may take up to 6-8 weeks to become effective, particularly when the changes affect postal mailings. In addition, when you purchase from us, we may need to contact you via phone, email or physical mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive communications from us.
You may request a description of the types of information we may share with others and a list of the entities with which we may have shared customer information in the preceding calendar year, by calling us, by sending us an email, or by contacting us by mail at the address below. If you prefer not to receive information from us or from our Marketing Partners or prefer to opt out of having your information shared, please contact us in the same manner. Please be sure to include your email address, full name, mailing address and specifically what action you are requesting, such as the information you do not want to receive or the information you don’t want shared.
As noted above, the Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use the Website?
Grant Line sells products and services only to adults. If you are under 18, you may use the Grant Line Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. If you are under 13, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Grant Line Services. Grant Line reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate rights to use Grant Line Services, or cancel orders in its sole discretion. In compliance with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian. We also do not send email or regular US Mail correspondence to anyone under the age of 13 without their parent's or guardian’s consent.
Links to Third Party Sites
Concerns and Revisions
2223 Grant Line Rd.
New Albany, IN 47150